Copy Chrome is Tarnishing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy Chrome is Tarnishing

Copy Chrome tarnishes immediately after touching water, i have tried different items and metal but no matter what i do, it turns brown after it gets wet. I have done a triple plate and direct to brass, i have tried waxing it, and it basically useless because after a few hours its brown. ANY suggestions?

Dave,

Has it previously plated ok? or is this a new batch of chemicals?

Mark

Comment

It has never worked properly.. basically i wouls do the triple plate, and spray it with Distilled water, and within 5 minutes it would start to turn.. one of my test pieces, completely tarnished overnight in a rain storm.... just cant get it to stay shiny.. the Nickel has no issues, looks great.. have had a piece of nickel plated brass outside for almost a year, barely a tarnish.. CC just turns brown almost immediately.

I tried different waxes but the tarnishing didnt slow..... not sure if i need to toss a Magnet in the tank to suck all the iron out (theory, not a good one) but i cant even use the tank....

Comment

Comment

Here is a picture of the Anode... Does this look right?

Comment

Are you using the Copy Chrome over nickel like you're supposed to? It's a shame nobody reads through these forums and answers basic questions. Hard to find any good info on plating.

Comment

Working...
            X