Announcement

Collapse

CASWELD Our new 'Welding' rods

Introducing our latest range of Welding and brazing rods, for the repair of Pot Metal, Aluminum, Stainless and much more.

Please see our web page for details.

http://www.caswellplating.com/restor...ding-rods.html
See more
See less

Copy Chrome is Tarnishing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave L
    started a topic Copy Chrome is Tarnishing

Copy Chrome is Tarnishing

Copy Chrome tarnishes immediately after touching water, i have tried different items and metal but no matter what i do, it turns brown after it gets wet. I have done a triple plate and direct to brass, i have tried waxing it, and it basically useless because after a few hours its brown. ANY suggestions?

• Jason Nackard
    replied
    Are you using the Copy Chrome over nickel like you're supposed to? It's a shame nobody reads through these forums and answers basic questions. Hard to find any good info on plating.

Leave a comment:

• Dave L
    replied
    Here is a picture of the Anode... Does this look right?

Leave a comment:

• Dave L
    replied
    What it looked like the next morning. What it looked like fresh from the CC tank

Leave a comment:

• Dave L
    replied
    It has never worked properly.. basically i wouls do the triple plate, and spray it with Distilled water, and within 5 minutes it would start to turn.. one of my test pieces, completely tarnished overnight in a rain storm.... just cant get it to stay shiny.. the Nickel has no issues, looks great.. have had a piece of nickel plated brass outside for almost a year, barely a tarnish.. CC just turns brown almost immediately.

I tried different waxes but the tarnishing didnt slow..... not sure if i need to toss a Magnet in the tank to suck all the iron out (theory, not a good one) but i cant even use the tank....

Leave a comment:

• KCV6
    replied
    Dave,

Has it previously plated ok? or is this a new batch of chemicals?

Mark

Leave a comment:

Working...
X