Need help my flash copper is peeling but I have amp really low

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help my flash copper is peeling but I have amp really low

I'm trying to plate with flash copper over aluminum. I zincated it first at 75 deg. Then rinse and not let it dry then put it in flash copper. I buff the part to a high gloss degrease and rinse, it passes the water break test. I've tried several different amperage but nothing seems to work. I plated a copper pipe with flash copper then copy chrome it turned out awesome. No problem at all. I do have two 4x6 anodes in a two gallon bucket and my part was 10 sq inches I know the rule is 1 to 2 ratio on anodes but the copper pipe turned out fine why does the zincated aluminum part not work. Is the anode thing just too much for aluminum. Please help me I'm stuck on this and it takes a lot of work just to get some buffed out practice pieces. I'm new at this thank you Ps i set the amps at .4 That worked in copper pipe. The copy chrome was set at. .2 that worked too

Re: Need help my flash copper is peeling but I have amp really low

Ok I think the problem was the zincate. I only left it in the zincate for 15 sec I think it needs to be longer. Someone said to double the amps at first few sec in the flash copper then reduce to normal. This should help the copper adhere better to the aluminum after zincate. I don't know if this true can anyone explain more detail on that as to how that would work. I would think it would burn it. But I don't know.

Comment

Re: Need help my flash copper is peeling but I have amp really low

It looks like I have a solution to this problem. I received word from Caswell today that the filters they supplied me with contain charcoal catridges and were supplied in error. Charcoal unfortunately removes the brighteners. They apologized and are sending me new brighteners and hopefull this will take care of the problem.
      You can easily check out our high quality Testking phr certification which prepares you well Testking lean six sigma certification for the You can also get success in real bloomfield test papers and pittstate.edu with the quality

Comment

Working...
      X