Announcement

Collapse

CASWELD Our new 'Welding' rods

Introducing our latest range of Welding and brazing rods, for the repair of Pot Metal, Aluminum, Stainless and much more.

Please see our web page for details.

http://www.caswellplating.com/restor...ding-rods.html
See more
See less

CC and Plastic Model Kits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CC and Plastic Model Kits

Greetings All,

I just have a couple noob questions. I wish to CC small 1:24 scale model kits.
    I intend to spray the parts with conductive paint (silvaspray or the like) then proceed with CC. My question is do I need the copper/acid kit also to build up a layer to make the chrome adhere to? I would perfer the coat to be thin so the parts will still fit as intended from the factory, yet the finish be durable. Thank you for your time, I appreciate it.

Re: CC and Plastic Model Kits

Im sorry I forgot to ask my second question, could I use a copper conductive spray, then move to the CC?

Comment

I have never tried copper conductive spray I would say it would work
      you need to use acid copper before Copy chrome on these parts
      Jim Eaton

Comment

Originally posted by jimcarry
        I have never tried copper conductive spray I would say it would work
        you need to use acid copper before Copy chrome on these parts
        Last edited by WIKD; 05-27-2006, 11:04 PM.

Comment

I checked our labeling on the Silvaspray and it says "do Not use FLASH Copper" to plate Silvaspray.
          --
          Mike Caswell
          Caswell Inc
          http://www.caswellplating.com
          Need Support? Visit our online support section at http://support.caswellplating.com

Comment

So then to simplify this I DO NOT WANT a copper layer it will make the parts way too thick. I has nothing to do with cost, ect. Can I CC over a copperconductive paint base?

Comment

The reason you would use the acid copper over the silva spray is because the silva spray has small pieces of silver in it the acid copper will give you a smooth finish I have seen it on some hot wheel cars and it looks great the copper conductive spray you are talking about I have not used before but I would give it a try see what happens use test piece
              Jim Eaton

Comment

The copper plates at the rate of 1-2 thousands of an inch an hour. You only need to apply sufficient to cover the part.
                --
                Mike Caswell
                Caswell Inc
                http://www.caswellplating.com
                Need Support? Visit our online support section at http://support.caswellplating.com

Comment

I have some of that copper conductive paint that you mentioned. although it is conductive as stated, I couldn't seem to plate anything to it. not sure why. you might want to try the lacquer base one instead of the water base that I have.
                  any chance the silva spray will be available in smaller less expensive packages...I only need an ounce or too for what I wanted to do.
                  Dan

Comment

I have tried the Silvaspray on about 30 different parts ranging from plastic , plaster and wood. I cannot find anything it works on. I tried to CC over the Silvaspray and it not not work. Tech support has been no help Silvaspray is not even their product. I am looking for someone that has got it to work and found no one. If you have any luck let ne know.

Comment

After about a year I am back. The copper paint that I used did not work. I have just placed another order to do things on a bigger scale. I did the Acid Copper / CC kit (3 gallon), I purchased Silva Spray, and the Buffing kit.

Last time I was attempting with a plug and plate kit, and that Copper paint. The copper paint went on great, but I did not have any results. This time I have also purchased an airbrush with the Silva spray. Hope it works this time as I not trying to half ass it.

I will report back.

Comment

I can assure you that this product works and it works great. I personally use this product and have great results. So have thousands of our customers that have purchased it. If you actually take every proper step, you will find this out. Did you acid copper the part first? Is the part smooth or does it need some sealer concentrate? Are you cleaning the part properly to assure a good bond
                        As part of Tech. support I would like to ask what questions did you ask and what type of information did you give us when you called? Everyone in tech support uses this product with great results and I'am sure we haven't pointed you in the wrong direction. This has got to be something "you" are doing wrong.
                        Please contact our tech support if you need further assistance. Thank you.
                        --
                        Jason Vanderbroek
                        315 946 1213 x116
                        www.caswellplating.com

Comment

Working...
                        X