• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IanHardaker
    New User
    • Sep 2006

Have I ruined my Copy Chrome solution?

I am new to this plating game, my first job came out great! The second job I Flash copper plated a brass (Or bronze) brake handle, then Copy Chromed it. Unfortunately I had the Anode and Cathode swapped over and it deplated the copper into the Copy Chrome. Is the CC now junk? Should I dump it and start again?

On another note, How do I deplate chrome using muriatic acid? I read about a 2 to one mixture, but what do I use for Anodes? is just a copper pipe stuck in the acid OK?
  • shawnkloker
    New User
    • Jun 2006

Re: Have I ruined my Copy Chrome solution?

The copychrome that I have removed came right off after soaking in a 50/50 battery acid solution for about an hour.It took it right back to the copper.I do not use electric but it can be done quicker with it.

I recommend calling technical support.

I thought my tank was contaminated also.I was told to filter my solution through coffee filters and to plate some dummy plates to get out what the filters missed.It really worked good,I could see the **** trapped in the plating on the inside corners.My copychrome tank had some nasty yellow **** on the bottom.It seems to be back to normal now.I plated a test piece that came out real nice.
    Last edited by shawnkloker; 10-09-2006, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X