copy or triple chrome kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• copy or triple chrome kit

Im looking in to doing some nuts, bolts and brackets on my show car witch kit shoule i get?

thanks
    sal

Re: copy or triple chrome kit

sal1355,

It is a matter of personal preference, time and money.

Are the judges going to be looking for show quality Triple Chrome Plate on all of your misc. fasteners and such, or are they just going to look at the overall quality of the pieces in general?

A true Triple Chrome Plate is expensive to get started in and requires a lot of steps but is well worth it if that is what you require.

Copy Chrome is much safer and has a lot less headaches involved, especially when doing little parts and pieces.

A well executed Copy Chrome job looks just as good as Triple Chrome and the differences are very subtle. They would probably go un-noticed if done correctly.

I use a small Copy Chrome kit for all of my indoor and outdoor decorative items such as nut, bolts, brackets, chains, door hinges, etc. and have had excellent results with the finish quality and durability of the final plate.

In my opinion, a 1.5 or 3 Gallon Copy Chrome Kit would be perfect for your application.

For larger, more visible parts, I would recommend the Triple Chrome Plate set-up. Especially if doing actual show car pieces.

Best of luck,
    Curtis Ashcroft
    M and C's Plating & Powder Services

Comment

Well it's not 100% show car its a built 900 whp 300zx TT that I built and I take it to show's in the area and was going to hit up the Z National's IN GA this july So all in all its not a full show car where they make sure all the nuts bolts and brackets are all the same and at the rite degrees (that's Nuts) But I also i do have 2 56 Rolls Royce's that I wanna start working the chrome on so.. Hmm tuff

Thanks
      sal

Comment

sal,

A small Copy Chrome Tank Plating Kit would be a great start and you could always expand your operation if needed and as required.

I think that the Copy Chrome hardware would fit in perfect among all of the polished aluminum and stainless under the hood of your 300.

A buddy of mine built a Z car a few years ago and we polished everything. What a job that was.

Post some photos when you get a chance.
        Curtis Ashcroft
        M and C's Plating & Powder Services

Comment

Working...
        X