Announcement

Collapse

CASWELD Our new 'Welding' rods

Introducing our latest range of Welding and brazing rods, for the repair of Pot Metal, Aluminum, Stainless and much more.

Please see our web page for details.

http://www.caswellplating.com/restor...ding-rods.html
See more
See less

Can't make up my mind.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't make up my mind.

Would someone be willing to Copy Chrome something for me?* It's an aluminum grab bar(rear bumper) of an atv. I can't decide if I want to go with a Copy Chrome kit or not. Hoping this will help me decide

Re: Can't make up my mind.

You know that aluminum an not be plated as is. First it must be zincoted, it is usually anodized or just polished, otherwise make it out of steel then it could be plated.I do have the apability to both zinc plate then copy chrome it if it not too large, contact me at [email protected]
    overlandindustries

Comment

I can do it. Send me a PM for details. Thanks, Todd

Comment

What did you think of the copy chrome?? Todd

Comment

Well, to be completely honest. It looks like $[1t. But I beleive it wasn't done properly. Scratches that were in the metal prior to plating are visible, Copper color showing through the chrome, rough spots were it wasn't properly polished prior to plating. Discolored spots. THANKS CRAIG YOUR THE BESTEST

i'll post pics this morning
          Last edited by simplytodd; 05-17-2008, 10:28 AM.

Comment

It is all in the prep work. I do not know why you can see copper. all imperfections will show if copper is not buffed to a mirror finish. and some areas are hard to buff. Before copy chroming. Sorry you were not satisified. I have been using for almost 2 years and am satisified with my results. But I have had problems also. Electro plating is very challenging there are so many varibles. Thanks, Todd

Comment

Working...
            X