Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advise needed.

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and to copy chrome but just some advice needed on copy chrome kit.

1. When starting out do I mix all the kit solution up and work with that.

2. If I make up all the kit solution is it possible to measure out a small amount for use with some small pieces, without having to use the full kit amount.

3. In my kit I have a bottle of brightener is all this added to the kit solution mix or is there brightener already in the mixture and this is only for topping up the solution when required.

The parts I have for chroming are small pieces from a 1955 motorcycle, a horn grill, a headlight rim all slightly worn with a brass type colour underneath, and some handlebar bits that have chrome missing and they are a steel base.
    What would be the best way to remove the existing chrome prior to copy chrome.
    You guys know have the knowledge and a learner would sure apprecitate some help and advise.

Thanks
    Jim

Re: Advise needed.

Originally posted by vulcan View Post
    Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and to copy chrome but just some advice needed on copy chrome kit.

1. When starting out do I mix all the kit solution up and work with that.
    You can, or you can mix it up in ratio to make a smaller amount. Directions are on the label and in the manual.

2. If I make up all the kit solution is it possible to measure out a small amount for use with some small pieces, without having to use the full kit amount.
    Sure.

3. In my kit I have a bottle of brightener is all this added to the kit solution mix or is there brightener already in the mixture and this is only for topping up the solution when required.
    There is no brightener in the mixture already.

What would be the best way to remove the existing chrome prior to copy chrome.
    Use chrome stripper to reverse plate the chrome off. Instructions for use are in the manual.
    --
    Lance Caswell
    Caswell Inc
    http://www.caswellplating.com
    Need Support? Visit our online support section at http://support.caswellplating.com

Please support the moderators on our site by leaving reputation for their helpful posts. Read more here.

Comment

Re: Advise needed.

Hi Lance,

Many thanks for your help it's much apprecitated.

Jim

Comment

Working...
      X