Announcement

Collapse

CASWELD Our new 'Welding' rods

Introducing our latest range of Welding and brazing rods, for the repair of Pot Metal, Aluminum, Stainless and much more.

Please see our web page for details.

http://www.caswellplating.com/restor...ding-rods.html
See more
See less

Size of tanks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Size of tanks

Hey guys and gals,

Was thinking of purchasing the Copy Chrome 4.5 kit with 6 gallon plating tanks I am just wondering what the dimension of these tanks are. I have a piece thats about 16 inches long, 5 inches wide, and about a half inch thick. Would this piece fit in the tank? Thanks in advanced.

- Matt

Re: Size of tanks

Matt,

It won't do it in the 6 gal setup with a round tank. But there is light at the end of the tunnel. All you need to do is find a suitable PE or PP container that it will fit in that is say longer and thinner so you can have a second tank for longer bits. You will want to put extra anodes in to up the anodes surface area so you get a nice even plate. I believe they touch on this in the manual. The spare set of anodes is a good investment and is not wated anyway.

Cheers

Mark

Comment

Cool, thanks.

Comment

I found a site that sells tanks, a distributor of chem-tainer. Now if I wanted to chrome up to 20" wheels what size tank would I need. I read on the site you need 6" all the way around what you are chroming, so does that mean I need a 32"l x 32"w x 30" h (assuming the wheel is 20" diameter. and a maximum width of 18") Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X