Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Size of tanks

Hey guys and gals,

Was thinking of purchasing the Copy Chrome 4.5 kit with 6 gallon plating tanks I am just wondering what the dimension of these tanks are. I have a piece thats about 16 inches long, 5 inches wide, and about a half inch thick. Would this piece fit in the tank? Thanks in advanced.

- Matt

Re: Size of tanks

Matt,

It won't do it in the 6 gal setup with a round tank. But there is light at the end of the tunnel. All you need to do is find a suitable PE or PP container that it will fit in that is say longer and thinner so you can have a second tank for longer bits. You will want to put extra anodes in to up the anodes surface area so you get a nice even plate. I believe they touch on this in the manual. The spare set of anodes is a good investment and is not wated anyway.

Cheers

Mark

Comment

Cool, thanks.

Comment

I found a site that sells tanks, a distributor of chem-tainer. Now if I wanted to chrome up to 20" wheels what size tank would I need. I read on the site you need 6" all the way around what you are chroming, so does that mean I need a 32"l x 32"w x 30" h (assuming the wheel is 20" diameter. and a maximum width of 18") Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X