Orange Peel Effect

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange Peel Effect

Hello , I have just finished CC ing my first guinea pig ( motorcycle exhaust tip ) and it came out shiny and bright after buffing but with an "orange peel" effect all over it.They look to be very very fine dimples with a pattern similar to what a fingerprint looks like. As far as I can tell I did it by the book , maybe there was an oversight on my part. I have the 4.5 gallon kit and so far am pleased with how easy it is to use. Thank you to all for any help.

Re: Orange Peel Effect

Well, it COULD be finger prints. Don't touch the item to be plated with your bare hands after it's cleaned. Don't use rubber or latex gloves either. These will leave a residue that will ruin the plate. Use 100% Nitrile gloves or tongs to handle items.

Comment

Re: Orange Peel Effect

I meant the description to mean they look like the design of fingerprints with the ridges and such if looked at very closely.The whole part has the same pattern throughout not just in spots. Im thinking there was not enough circulation in the chroming process , at least thats the only thing I may have done wrong but still just the same any input is appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X