Polishing aluminum quickly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polishing aluminum quickly?

Ok I have a vibratory tumbler and have run these parts through Course, Medium, and Fine ceramic triangles. Then metal polish treated corncob, each having a run time of 6 hours and the result is absolutely not what I would call polished. Is there a trick to using the corncob or should I abandon that procedure? Is there any other method of mass producing a polished finish that can be anodized? manual plishing just takes far to much of my time to be practical. Any other media for the tumbler that would do a better job than corncob? Any help would be very much appreciated.

What kind of metal are you polishing? Aluminum? Brass? Stainless steel? What grade of metal polish are you using on the corncob?
    "Some people are like sandpaper: they may delight in the misery they inflict by rubbing up against you, but in the end you will come out smooth and polished while they'll just be ugly, wrinkled, and used up." - Beyonce Knowles

Comment

Well..

the metal is 6061 aluminum and the media I am using is the metal polish treated corn cob you get from Caswell.

Comment

Working...
      X