X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jycorro
    started a topic Plexiglass Problem

Plexiglass Problem

Sorry guys but I would like your input before I screw this up. I was on a few boating and motorcycle forums this morning and the just of it is to sand up to 1500 grit and then go with a liquid polish. Here is the back story.

I took my windshield for my motorcycle out of the attic to put on the bike. It gets a little chilly in South Mississippi. I wrapped it in an old towel I used to wipe the bike down with a spray wax. It seems over the summer a few spots on the windshield stuck to the towel and now it has a texture like the towel. I guess the plastic heated up and the towel left an impression. One spot is directly in my line of sight. I know from reading that wet sanding will haze the shield but I do have a headlight restoration kit I was planning on using after I finish sanding. Any thoughts?

Laters,
    Ken

• Jycorro
    replied
    Re: Plexiglass Problem

Thanks Richard. I was going to get it done last weekend but the wife had other plans. I'll try sometime this week.

Laters,
    Ken

Leave a comment:

• Rasper
    replied
    Re: Plexiglass Problem

I buff plexiglass in my sculpture work using a blue compound made for plastic, at a fairly low speed being careful not to overheat the plastic. I sand to about 1200, then buff. Cast plexiglass comes out just like glass; extruded plexiglass, not as good but okay.

Richard

Leave a comment:

Working...
X