those pesky faint scratches in polished aluminum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• those pesky faint scratches in polished aluminum

For a long time I've been telling the people here who have the problem of ultra fine scratches in their finished polishing jobs that it has to be dirt or grit making the scratches. Well I had an attack of those scratches the other day. After the white chrome compound I finish aluminum with, I was using new clean micro fiber cloths and a liquid polish that has an extremely fine abrasive and a wax. And I kept getting those faint scratches, no matter how much I polished the piece, those scratches moved around, but wouldn't go away. Finally . . .

Lo and behold, I took my own advice. It must be grit. So I washed the micro fiber cloths thoroughly, and I do mean thoroughly. Guess what? No more micro scratches. A perfect shine.

Richard

Re: those pesky faint scratches in polished aluminum

LOL. That's great Richard. I gave up on a brass piece a while back. Maybe I'll try that instead. I bet the polish I was using was hazing up the job.

Laters,
    Ken
    Once over dust, Twice over rust. ~USN

Comment

Richard- doesn't it feel great when you solve a problem that you were fighting? Sounds like the perseverance paid off.

Kevin
      Metal Polish Shop

Comment

It does a man's heart good when the perfect shine appears.

Richard

Comment

Working...
        X