Announcement

Collapse

CASWELD Our new 'Welding' rods

Introducing our latest range of Welding and brazing rods, for the repair of Pot Metal, Aluminum, Stainless and much more.

Please see our web page for details.

http://www.caswellplating.com/restor...ding-rods.html

These products replace the range of Muggyweld and Technoweld products we used to sell.
See more
See less

polishing aluminum camper trailer trim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• polishing aluminum camper trailer trim

Hello, I am building a small camper trailer and bought a popup camper with all its items to include in my smaller trailer. I would like to polish all this aluminum trim so it look as least as good as when it was new, and perhaps better.
    Many years ago I built some custom knives for my friends and I. I found my old polishing jig with 1/4 electric motor, arbor, and three polishing wheels and a floppy. I have one green stick for loading the wheel with polishing compound. I tried this on one piece and was not pleased with the result. I have a few power grinders and would use them if there is some device (s) that would produce a very shiny, uniform surface on aluminum trim.`
    I would appreciate your help in this because if this trim could be made to appear special, this project would really look nice, I believe.

Thanks for your help,

Gene So

It's difficult to answer your question without seeing the condition of the pieces. Photographs are important.

Polishing to a mirror finish will be more work than you want to do.

Perhaps you can consider a brushed finish, which is in reality achieved by sanding in one direction carefully.

Richard

Comment

Working...
    X