Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to removed polishing compound after polish on part?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to removed polishing compound after polish on part?

Hi Everyone. I recently bought an Eastwood 2 speed buffing machine. I make aluminum parts on a CNC machine. After i get them made on the CNC i do a light buff on the buffing machine. Because my parts have raised sections it causes a build up of white polishing compound that is kind of caked on the high spots. I would assume since the heat caused by the friction it kind of bakes it onto my part and have to scrub it off or use a wet polishing compound to remove the dried stuff. I would think there is a spray or a special trick to removing the baked on compound after polishing. Any tips? Thanks

Josh

I use rubbing alcohol and and or steel wool very lightly!

Comment

And popsicle sticks for the tough residue!

Comment

Rubbing alcohol? I would have never thought. Thank you I will give this a try.

Josh

Comment

You only mention white compound..
          all of the buffing compounds I use leave a black residue and that comes off easy.

Comment

When you say comes off easy your referring too when you use rubbing alcohol after you get done polishing? Yes i have used other compounds but mainly just the white bar for finishing aluminum.

Comment

Yes...after polishing or cutting with any compound and wheel.
              Today I was cleaning a cast spoke sportster wheel..
              The alcohol worked great...99 percent is best!
              Watch for false edges...the light will hide burned compound on edges!
              There is a product that I haven't tried yet called "white out" that is for cleaning off compounds after polishing and or cutting!

I'll pm you if you want to know about it...its cheap too

Comment

Skip yes please. I would like to know about it. Ill try the alcohol for now though but please send me the info. Thank you for your help

Comment

Thank you very much for the help!!

Comment

Working...
                  X