Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been too long..a massive hello

Hi all,
    It has been a very very long time since I was last on here.
    A bitter divorce and custody battle smashed my world apart.
    A few of you will know I have battled getting my custom knife making up and running for the last 4 years.
    Last month I was getting their, my work being shown in Blade magazine and my work in around 10 forums old wide.
    No matter what I do my head always comes back to my learning on this great forum and all the help n support I got.
    Yesterday I showed my friend who I am helping how to buff and it brought back great memories of not missing a day without logging in and enjoying the addiction of polishing.
    Nowadays the metal are normally sharp dangerous pointy blades but I still have a couple of old BMW Rocker covers stashed away to do.
    Typical work I do has to include my favourite metal, brass totally love it

But who the heck learnt me to leave a thumb print on my work...OMG! School boy error!

Looking forward to catching up on what's being going on in your lives
    ATB
    Brian

Re: Been too long..a massive hello

Very nice work. I have two hand made knives I need to fix. They went underwater in Katrina so they are trashed.

Laters,
    Ken
    Once over dust, Twice over rust. ~USN

Comment

I have been wondering where you went to. You have been missed. Your knives are stupendous.

We have kept the place alive here while you were gone.

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Rasper View Post
        I have been wondering where you went to. You have been missed. Your knives are stupendous.

We have kept the place alive here while you were gone.

Richard
        Ha ha Richard,
        Great to see ya still got ya sense of humour mate.
        ATB
        Bri

Comment

A lot of the regulars here have just faded away. I don't know what happened to most of them. Mpierich quit polishing. He used to be a mainstay. And XK140DHC. He just disappeared. It gets pretty lonely here sometimes. I'm glad you are back.

Comment

Jus found the time to bounce back and slowly get back to the old days...
            Retired from the military, divorce as most know bitter custody battle, blah blah blah...we all been there done that T-Shirt etc.
            Couple month of relax n now back to doing my custom knives still but also restoring classic motorcycles and breaking runners..
            Loved getting back to polishing and catching up with new ideas and technology..
            As I was only researching powder coating and got all my tools stolen now hoping to get back and get the kit together and slowly learn again and get bike parts coated...frames will be my prob with an oven etc...so gonna ask a lot of anal Q's and where to buy this and that...
            Had fun polishing an old BMW K Series parts and it paid off...extra few hundred £'s onto the profit
            Catch u all soon
            ATB
            Bri

Comment

Okay. Let's see some photographs of those old bikes.

Richard

Comment

Hallow Richard,
                The k series is In bits and apart from the rocker covers to polish, usual small items.
                CBR400RR, TZR125, Fs1 50 'Fissy' awaiting play time and a FZR400 to look at on Sunday
                I'll dig some pics of the bikes out m8 when I'm down Norfolk on Monday..and as per old days b4 & after on the polishing.
                ATB
                Brian

Comment

Hi Grommit, nice to hear hear from you and yeah let s see some pictures of those bikes
                  http://www.peintureenpoudrepb.com
                  http://www.polissagepb.com
                  http://www.powdercoatpb.com
                  baz

Comment

Hello Grommit, new user here. Polishing has become my therapy. Those are ultra fantastic pieces of art, they appear to be the work of a master craftsman!!! Best of luck on the new trail.

Comment

Working...
                    X