Aluminum Wheels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aluminum Wheels

ok, I have some bare aluminum wheels. they are in really great shape with no scratches, dents, gouges, etc.... All i want to do is put the best shine possible. A one buff step of sorts! what is the best bob or wheel and compound with out scratching and put a great shine can i use?

anyone ?

Comment

Re: Aluminum Wheels

It would depend a lot on what the bare aluminum is like. If it is "as cast", then you will need to sand them up to 600 grit and then use emery followed by a dry finishing compound—most of them are white. If they are already polished, then the the question is: "how polished?" Mirror finish? Or something less? Some photographs, and a more detailed description, would help a lot.

Richard

Comment

Re: Aluminum Wheels

I was also thinking about the best way to get the shine on my aluminum wheels. Thank you for the feedback and information. Hope it will work out.
        Hey, does anyone know about the service that this company - www.ameraguard.com provides? (Spray-on coating?) I want to get it for my truck bed and boat, but would like to hear any and all experiences with it. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X