bench buffer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bench buffer

now ive been lookin at bench buffers and there seems to be two different 6'' and 8''. Now i should be getting my anno tanks this week and im lookin at getting my bench buffer shortly. Out of the two what is the pros and cons? ive noticed that the 8" ones have a larger rod than the 6''.

Re: bench buffer

It depends on what you are going to polish. I have two 6 inch bench machines with 1/3 HP motors for small stuff, and a 10 inch floor mounted machine with a 2 HP motor for larger stuff. With less than 1 HP you are pretty much limited to using a single wheel. With my 2 HP machine I can gang up several wheels to get more buffing surface.

Richard

Comment

small stuff mainly. some sprockets for atv's and such. Paintball stuff. little things wont be doing any automotive rims or anything like that.

Comment

You should be fine with a 6 inch machine. 1/3 HP for 6 inch machines is really not enough, especially if it's your only machine.

Richard

Comment

alright thank you

Comment

I also use the 6 inch machine. Works just fine for me. Best of luck to you.
            Hey, does anyone know about the service that this company - www.ameraguard.com provides? (Spray-on coating?) I want to get it for my truck bed and boat, but would like to hear any and all experiences with it. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X