Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some guru advice! How can I polish this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some guru advice! How can I polish this?

hey guys- wondering what the best approach is here. i have a bare tube amp chassis i'd like to shine up. rectangular....like a shoebox w/o the lid. outside polish shouldnt be a problem. obviously polishing the inside presents a challenge.
    i have a bench grinder...so i thought i'd get an arbor extension and maybe mount small buffs? mushroom shaped...cone shaped to hit the interior corners?

any recommendations would be greatly apprciated!! Thank you- Thom

Re: Need some guru advice! How can I polish this?

I use an air powered die grinder for such work with a small wheel.

And one of these. They are too expensive for hobby work. It holds 1/4 inch shank tools and has two speeds.

The advantage of both the die grinder and this dental lathe is that if the wheel catches on the work it won't throw it across the room—or in your face. That's the problem with a bench grinder. They usually turn at 3450 RPM and can do some real damage if the work gets snagged by the wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by Rasper View Post
      I use an air powered die grinder for such work with a small wheel.

And one of these. They are too expensive for hobby work. It holds 1/4 inch shank tools and has two speeds.

The advantage of both the die grinder and this dental lathe is that if the wheel catches on the work it won't throw it across the room—or in your face. That's the problem with a bench grinder. They usually turn at 3450 RPM and can do some real damage if the work gets snagged by the wheel.
      If you don't have one, buy a Dremel tool. If you plan on doing any polishing it will come in handy.

John

Comment

If you have a Dremel tool I'd recommend you try that. If not and you plan on doing any polishing I'd think about purchasing one.

John

Comment

oh wow....yeah! dremel tool- ha, why didnt i think of that- lol thanks guys

Comment

Working...
          X