Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aluminum Engine parts - I'm ok, but I want perfection!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long shaft extensions

Grand Wazoo of Buffing,

My buffer has 3/4"-12 shafts, but I didn't see any on the site that go that big. Are they out there?

Glad you gave me the heads up on wheel sizes, as I thought I needed 8" wheels for everything.

On polishing it sounds like I'm better off just buying Black & White, and forget the rest.

Jake
    Jake

Comment

You'll need to grind the ends of the buffer shafts down so the extenders fit on. Than you can modify the hold down screw or tack weld them, in place. Make sure you get the super sisal black, it works much better, and i get better results with the plain old white. Like caswell said, give the free buffing guide a read.

Comment

Extensions

Grinding the shafts down sounds a little hairy. I'm thinking turn the buffer on and go at it with a file? What's scary is if for any reason the shafts get out-a-round, sounds like time to buy a new buffer....you know, shafts are shot.

Are those cone extension things any better, faster for quicker changes of wheels?
        Jake

Comment

You can try that, i ddi it with a grinder cause my buffer also has fatter shafts and it worked fine.

Comment

Working...
          X