gixxer frame ?'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gixxer frame ?'s

I am polishing a friends 2002 GSXR 750 frame andd I was wondering if any one has ever removed the bikes vin # sticker that sits in the middle of the frame in plain sight. Is it legal, or more importantly Possible. Also, I am polishing with a 7" grinder and was wondering if I have to do the cut/color in seperate steps or do all cut first then color. Just wondering because its easier just to move back and forth.

you can not remove the vin# ... that is not legal ... you may want to check with your local state police ... by removing it . will make it look funny when or if you get pulled over .. they will try you up for a while to figure if it is stolen .... cut a few strips of duct tape and cover it ...... you do your cut ... then the color .. i do it with each compound i use .. but the white i use it for color....

Comment

Actually, I did that to my 96 gixxer 750, I removed the black tag on the left frame spar. Actually the vin #'s are punched through that tag and into the frame itself. If you remove the tag, the #'s are still imprinted under the tag and in the frame. I did it, never had any problems, and the vin the use mostly anyways is the one on the steering head. If the #'s match on the head and the spar, you will be fine, which they should no matter what. Makes for a cleaner lines, but if you doubt it, tape it and do around it.

Comment

So if the #'s match, I should be good to take the tag off? Suzuki should follow suit and put the info tag on the swingarm and just stamp the neck. thanks for the advice.

Comment

the numbers will match, but just saying, when you take the tag off, the numbers will still be there. Call your dmv and ask them, they probably are idiots, but give it a shot.

Comment

the vin's are stamped on the neck as the other guy said. You dont need the tag on the side. The vins on the neck are in plain site and thats where a cop would look anyways.

Comment

i talked to my uncle about this .. he is a cop .. he said if there are some kinds of numbers on the frame . the ones that were stamped form the maker or the ones you stamp in is all legal as long as they match the title and the dmv.... then i was also told that 5 out of 10 cops don't even check the numbers ...

Comment

Working...
              X