Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skiddz
    replied
    I took some 10g bare copper, crimped a lug on one end, slipped it under the mounting bolt and soldered the other end to the cold water feed for my hot water heater. So far, no more zaps..

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    i got a lenght of wire from the buffer to a copper pipe that go's to a peg pounded in the ground .... no problems yet

Leave a comment:

• skiddz
    replied
    We've been having extremely dry weather here in So Cal and yesterday I kept getting "bit" by static as well. Haven't dropped anything, but did flinch enough to cause the piece I was working on to bounce off the nut on the end of the shaft causing a ding.

I'm thinking about taking a piece of 14g copper and connecting it to the bolt that holds my buffer to it's pedestal and clamping the other end around a cold water pipe in the garage. Not sure if the static from the wheel/shaft will make it to the buffer's main body tho.. Would the armature in the motor insulate that path??

Leave a comment:

• Gasit51
    started a topic Static electricity problem

Static electricity problem

Hi All,
    I'm having a real problem with static electricity while buffing. I get zapped a lot while buffing anything from stainless to aluminum. My buffer, a Caswell1/3 hp, is plugged into a grounded outlet. I getting real tired of dropping parts from flinching everytime I get bit!...lol Does anyone know how to dissipate this charge somewhere else but to me?
    Thanks in advance,
    -G
Working...
X