• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tng21
    replied
    Re: making real money polishing?

you fellas as in us english? pmsl

bobs your uncle lol lol

yeah thats the one, just wondered if a wooden cabinet is gonna be good enough. Dont you have to have a extractor and light inside etc. SO you can see inside while your working.

Just wondered if someone out there sells plans and a list of what you will need. I need to set up fairly quickly oncie i get this loan for the compressor etc so i wana start getting on with it all now

Leave a comment:

• mpierich
    replied

Originally posted by Tng21 View Post
    i thought that lol, 2002

on an up to date thread, mpierich, got any ideas on my last post on my thread?
    Not sure what thread...the one I saw had to do with a blast cabinet. I will eventually make my own...just get a blaster and build or scavange a box, you can buy the gloves that attach to the front, a funnel and screen in the bottom and Bob's yer Uncle, as you fellas say...

Leave a comment:

• Tng21
    replied

Originally posted by mpierich View Post
    Haha, baz you'll find a lot of bullsh*t on this board sometimes, and this thread smells like it's way past its expiration date...
    i thought that lol, 2002

on an up to date thread, mpierich, got any ideas on my last post on my thread?

Leave a comment:

• mpierich
    replied

Originally posted by baz View Post
    when you say you charge 1000 $ for frame and swing arm , how many hours do you put on the job,and are you talking about frame and swing arm on the bike
    or stripped parts alone.
    and what would you call making money ? this could be different for different people , if you are working your day job at 35 $ an hour weould be different
    than for someone working at 12 $ an hour
    Haha, baz you'll find a lot of bullsh*t on this board sometimes, and this thread smells like it's way past its expiration date...

Leave a comment:

• baz
    replied

when you say you charge 1000 $ for frame and swing arm , how many hours do you put on the job,and are you talking about frame and swing arm on the bike
    or stripped parts alone.
    and what would you call making money ? this could be different for different people , if you are working your day job at 35 $ an hour weould be different
    than for someone working at 12 $ an hour

Leave a comment:

• Mxer725
    replied

Im in the same boat buddy so I feel your pain, I just opened up a shop down here in South Florida, the biggest thing I have been trying to do is advertising.

Leave a comment:

• customandsound
    Guest replied
    spliffy can you email me at : [email protected] ?

Leave a comment:

• spliffy
    replied

Originally posted by crazieabe
    I can polish anything...
    I cant refuse... I have to say it.... it popped in my head as soon as I read this.....

"You can milk anything with a nipple".... from Meet the parents ok now to real business, heh

Crazieabe, I'm in MN too.. I have a stator cover & a clutch cover for a Honda TRX250R I would want polished what would you charge for that? It has the factory powder on it.

Leave a comment:

• GOD12A
    replied
    Heya all

Im from Sydney, Australia and i automotive metal polish full time.
    Show cars, hot rods, bikes, concourse cars etc etc
    Its do-able!!
    Most polishers in Australia are industrial polishers, some do a fair bit of automotive work, but i think i would be the only fulltime automotive dedicated polisher in Australia!!

Mark!!
    PS: For the longer members of this forum, is it a good idea if i throw up some pics of my work under my own thread, or is that not a good idea?!?! Im a newbie on this forum as you can see

Leave a comment:

• berndog
    replied
    most definitely,,,,how so cheap? How long to do a full peterbilt? I do trucks .I take 2 days to polish a Pete & charge about 750$ canadian,,,1500$for a dumpbox,wich takes me myself,1 week

Leave a comment:

• brockjoe
    replied

whats the trick? how can you get the job done so quickly to charge so little?

Leave a comment:

• crazieabe
    replied

I can polish anything...

Leave a comment:

• suparida
    replied

do you polish wheels that are already polished, giving them a mirror-like finish?

Leave a comment:

• saiyan7
    replied

i'll get you some pics as soon as possible.
    thanks.

Leave a comment:

• crazieabe
    replied

I guess I am just good at it, LOL I have been polishing for about 10 years so...

I am based in Minnesota, I will do all your work if you can get it here...

About the wheels, I would at least need a picure or something first cause I can't give an estimate without knowing what I need to do to it first! In other words, I need to see it before I can tell how much work it involves...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X