• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chrisk
    replied
    Originally posted by NOrrTH
    Thank you very much. Great help.

Do you have a brand name and specs Chris? The flexi shaft sounds like an easier way than lugging around a 10lb tool.
    well im in the UK so we got fifferent brands. Grinder is about 450W and around 3/4 hp methinks. Not run massive wheels yet but 8" are no probs.
    MAke sure your flexi shaft is heavy duty and up to the RPM your gonna use. Ive tried getting away with a cheaper one, and it only lasted 10 minutes. Keep an eye on your shaft when the wheel starts biting its gonna want to tie itselfe up in a knot, if you let it your gonna lose it. Your main problem is gonna be hooking the flexi to your grinder shaft. I used a drill chuck but had to mess about because i couldn't get the right kinda thread to match with the grinder shaft.

Leave a comment:

• NOrrTH
    replied
    Thank you very much. Great help.

Do you have a brand name and specs Chris? The flexi shaft sounds like an easier way than lugging around a 10lb tool.

Leave a comment:

• chrisk
    replied
    hear a dlot of people using angle grinders and advise above looks good.
    As for die grinders, they seem to stall too easy, even with 4" wheels.
    I personally use a 8" bench grinder with a flexi shaft attatched for work I cant take to the grinder (a bike frame a perfect example here).
    Also use a dremel type tool with sanding drums for sanding in tight corners.

Leave a comment:

• thekuai
    replied
    i think the best option for big items such as bike frames is to get an angle grinder. get one with alot of amps....at least 6 amps....and max rpm should be 6000 rpm! you will need 4" or 6" wheels you will also need a grinder adapter so that it will extend the wheel 3" away from the tool and allow you to mount thicker wheels.

Leave a comment:

• NOrrTH
    started a topic Motorcycle frame - what the best tool?

Motorcycle frame - what the best tool?

This is a first for me so I'll start small with a foot peg and see how it goes but I wanna polish my entire bike frame.

Whats confusing me is what power tools to use. A flat handsander is recomended but my frame is mostly round with concave spots. Also I see bench grinders but I can't imagine people weilding their whole frames around them. The die grinders seem the logical answer but aren't they way too small to hold and power these big buffing and sanding wheels?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Working...
X