STRIPPING PAINT OF METAL BEFORE POLISHING IT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STRIPPING PAINT OF METAL BEFORE POLISHING IT

i got a thumb throttle housing i need to strip the pain off of so i can polish it what are u guys using to do this with? ive got a wire wheel but im more looking for something to spray on it and get it off b/c of all the litle crevices and hard to get places in it
    brandon

I use media blast, if you pay the postage i'll blast it for free, let me know.
    Jeff B
    Jeff B.
    Instructions for riding a Warrior: 1) sit on bike, 2) start bike and idle till warm, 3) pull in clutch and put in gear, 4) release clutch and rip on the throttle, 5) {VERY IMPORTANT!!} HOLD THE F*** ON!!!, 6) Enjoy!! Side effects may include whiplash, wrinkle free skin, and an evil smile resembling the "Joker".

Comment

unless you use plastic media
      I wouldn't use blasting cuz that means extra work
      when polishing I always try to start with the smoothest surface possible

you can strip it down with AIRCRAFT paint remover and a hard toothbrush
      wear gloves this thing is stings on your skin

Comment

Never had extra work using glass bead.
        Jeff B.
        Instructions for riding a Warrior: 1) sit on bike, 2) start bike and idle till warm, 3) pull in clutch and put in gear, 4) release clutch and rip on the throttle, 5) {VERY IMPORTANT!!} HOLD THE F*** ON!!!, 6) Enjoy!! Side effects may include whiplash, wrinkle free skin, and an evil smile resembling the "Joker".

Comment

would this tuff work?
          http://www.caswellplating.com/vht/sp...stripper.html#

also where do u get the sircraft paint removal so i might can find it local?

Comment

glass bead hit with a sisal and emery to even it out and then hit it with white on losse ..... i do all mine that way and never had any problems

Comment

wait.. so you're hitting it with glass bead then just polishing it? Are you doing anymore sanding? Is this glass bead media you're hitting it with wet blasted or dry?

Comment

I hit the last ones i did with glass bead lightly sanded the tore up a sisal. the thumb thottle should take you no more than 20-45 minutes to complete

Comment

Working...
                X