Buffing speed question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffing speed question

I've got a 3500RPM buffing machine, here is the question, can I use something like a dimmer switch or a voltage regulator to control RPM or will that damage the buffing machine? I want to lower rpm so I can get a little more out of my greaseless compounds as they pretty much just fly off the wheel at 3500 RPM. Thanks guys.

~Brad

don't know about regulators but to put the greaseless on, turn the machine on then off, as it winds down dig the greaseless into the wheel until just before it stops, click on just a sec again and reapply. after wheel is loaded, let sit until dry.

Comment

Originally posted by diaster
      don't know about regulators but to put the greaseless on, turn the machine on then off, as it winds down dig the greaseless into the wheel until just before it stops, click on just a sec again and reapply. after wheel is loaded, let sit until dry.
      Yeah I already do that, that's not the problem. The stuff only last for about 30 seconds at this RPM, so I'd like to know if there is a way to put something inline with the power cord to slow it down a bit.

Comment

Try a router speed controller. Here's a link to a few at Amazon. I've used them on various motors with no ill effects.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/se...184965-9281563

Comment

Working...
        X