Metal contamination on wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal contamination on wheels?

I know you should only use one compound per wheel but what about using the same wheel on different types of metal. For instance, can I use my sisal wheel with emery on stainless then go right to a brass or aluminum piece without hurting anything? Same with the spiral and loose wheels, or do I need a full set of wheels for every type of compound and metal? Thanks for any help.

Re: Metal contamination on wheels?

Originally posted by chriscurtis
    I know you should only use one compound per wheel but what about using the same wheel on different types of metal. For instance, can I use my sisal wheel with emery on stainless then go right to a brass or aluminum piece without hurting anything? Same with the spiral and loose wheels, or do I need a full set of wheels for every type of compound and metal? Thanks for any help.
    i dont use a different wheel for different metal. but i do rake real good when switching metals and reload with compound. this should be enough, if not and you get scrathing on the softer metals then get more wheels they are cheap after all. but try raking first. if done right the wheel will be cleaned out of most all residue of the last metal.
    when in doubt polish it out/ why replace it when you can refinish it
    G2 Polishing and Powdercoating

Comment

Working...
    X