• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    powder coat it clear...

Leave a comment:

• easleysp
    replied
    I've been, if you know what I mean. No foreign matter attached to the swing arm, just a chunk of aluminum. I'm putting my faith in a fellow Texan to coat it, so I have no doubt it will be nothing less than perfect. That is if he wants the job. I'll post some pics when I get done buffin'. Trying to get around all the welds first off, then all the nooks and crannys. After that there's not a whole lot left. Later on.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• pickleboy
    replied
    hey bro how you been? either will work fine. but keep in mind if you have rubber bushings or sealed bearings they will have to come out to powder. also the powder can discolor if not applied and cured right but that is for the coater to worry about.
    best of luck
    cliff

Leave a comment:

• easleysp
    started a topic Coating options on a buffed swing arm

Coating options on a buffed swing arm

What are my options on coating a buffed aluminum swing arm for my motorcycle? I most definately want to keep the shine, but don't want to have to keep cleaning and re-waxing it. I know there's the Zoop seal, but I'm afraid that won't be enough because it's continuosly getting exposed to the elements. Will clear powder coating do the trick or should I try something else? Thanks in advance for any input.

Steve
Working...
X