squid question..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• squid question..

Okay, new to forum, just some quick answers.

removed most of the pain from a set of alloys that I got for free. Do i still need to sand it down to get most of the roughness and pits out or can I just cut it using some greaseless?

I've tried one rim already, came out okay. But i think I gouged couple of deep swirls while sanding with an orbital. Need an easier solution than sanding. Its very time consuming.

any help would be great.

Re: squid question..

when doing alloy wheel it is time consuming. it can take up to 4-5 hrs for a beginner to get the hang of it. as for your question on greaseless, yes you can use it from the start. it comes in different grits so start with the appropriate grit for the amount of surface roughness. then work up as you get the surface finish you desire. then move to thwe wheels and start with either vented or spiral sewn with emory. then move on to white on a spiral sewn. if this still is not shiney enough then you can try red on loose. also be careful and go easy on the greaseless at first because it will cut fast and gouge if you get to zealous. best of luck bro.
    when in doubt polish it out/ why replace it when you can refinish it
    G2 Polishing and Powdercoating

Comment

Working...
    X