1st semi-polished piece(pics)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st semi-polished piece(pics)

Here it is a bracket. I beadblasted it, wiped it down with denatured alcohol, and then proceeded to try and buff it with I think was a spiral sewn wheel & black compound. it looked like it was working, but I think I wasn't totally in the right spot. I then changed the wheel and threw on I think was a loose cotton wheel & brown compound. The piece started to shine, but I think I should have sanded it totally smooth, first! I looked at the instructional online help stuff and I think I know what I did what wrong on my makeshift grinder/buffing machine. Here are some pics and tell me what you think!

Re: 1st semi-polished piece(pics)

2 more pics. Gotta hit it tomorrow and see how good it comes out.

Comment

pics didnt work bro.
      when in doubt polish it out/ why replace it when you can refinish it
      G2 Polishing and Powdercoating

Comment

Originally posted by Heavykote
        Here it is a bracket. I beadblasted it, wiped it down with denatured alcohol, and then proceeded to try and buff it with I think was a spiral sewn wheel & black compound. it looked like it was working, but I think I wasn't totally in the right spot. I then changed the wheel and threw on I think was a loose cotton wheel & brown compound. The piece started to shine, but I think I should have sanded it totally smooth, first! I looked at the instructional online help stuff and I think I know what I did what wrong on my makeshift grinder/buffing machine. Here are some pics and tell me what you think!
        I see the pix, but of course you can't go from bead-blasting straight to buffing as you now know. Maybe try 320 and see if that's course enough, then back to the emory etc.

Comment

I'll try the sanding out. Does every piece you polish have to be totally smooth, pitless and blemish free?

Comment

That's up to what you want the part to look like. If you don't take the pits and blemishes out, you'll have polished pits and blemishes. SS

Comment

Originally posted by Heavykote
              I'll try the sanding out. Does every piece you polish have to be totally smooth, pitless and blemish free?
              Up to you, if it's your piece. Do it and see how you like it. You'll start over many times until you find out what suits you.

Comment

Working...
              X