Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

I got the hang of powder coating parts on my 10 year olds mini race quad. I think I can get this polish thing. I posted some pics of his bumper it's two years old and beat I just what to make it shine and clear powder coat it. I was going to buy the aluminum polish kit on Caswell. I just want to do his bumper and nerf bars. Can someone out there help a brother out. Thanks

Re: Help

where would like to start? do want to try and do it your self or what?
    www.chrome-plater.blogspot.com

Comment

Yea, I'm not trying to get all the marks and [email protected] out of it, hell it's on my kids race quad bumper. I just want to make it shine so I can clear powder coat it.
      Attached Files

Comment

You can use a med. 3M disk on a 90 die grinder and get most of the scratches out the use a black compound with yellow vent wheel, and then white comp. with loose wheel. If your going to use a buffing machine be very careful cause that thing looks like it will be trouble, but take your time and you can do it, but watch the buffing wheel close.
        If you dont want to order these supplies then you can go to sears and look for the 3M disk, I think they carry them and the buffing wheels..

Comment

Thanks. When you say 3M I have a small and big tool that goes in a die grinder or drill thats like velcro that I used on aluminum intakes and stuff when I was a mechanic. You just stick the brown pads on. I think thats what you mean. I been doing a lot of reading on this site I'm going to give it a try. I've seen polishing stuff at sears. I'm laid off this winter all I have is time I just started powder coating too. Check out my homemade oven in the powder coat oven section. Later Thanks again. OK I'm going to watch some Olympic stuff.

Comment

Yea another way of describing the disk is a scotchbrite disk.

Comment

Thanks I could not think of the name to save my [email protected]@. I keep wanting to say rollox disk (If thats how you spell it.) You know the grinding disk with the little screw hickey. I remember when the MAC tool man came in the Chevy garage I worked at with the new scotchbrite pads that was big [email protected] for aluminum Back in the day as the kids say today. I remember making gasket surfaces on aluminum intakes look sweat and calling people over to check it out.It's all starting to make sense to this dumb hunky now. Thanks again.

Comment

Any time and good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by mikekozura
                  I keep wanting to say rollox disk (If thats how you spell it.) .
                  it is spelled roloc and it is the same thing it is one of 3 ways that the pads attach to the backing pad.
                  when in doubt polish it out/ why replace it when you can refinish it
                  G2 Polishing and Powdercoating

Comment

[email protected] I was close it's been a long time since I used then. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
                    X