Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can't you save some ZoopsSeal for later?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can't you save some ZoopsSeal for later?

I've given up trying to clear coat my polished rims so I'm going with Zoopseal... Anyways, how come you can't mix half the contents as save the rest for later Why does it specifically say that in the instructions?

Re: What can't you save some ZoopsSeal for later?

The same reason you can't mix auto paint or clear and put it back in the can for later. Most chemicals when mixed have a pot life. The pot life is the time that a mixture can be used and function as it was designed. When chemicals are mixed one of them is usually a catalyst. When it starts its purpose there is no turning back. You could probably mix half of the contents and save the unmixed portions if you could seal them without air. I have not used the product nor familiar with its ingredients to be able to say.
    SS

Comment

Number 2 in the zoop seal instructions .
      Mixed zoop seal ; product left over needs to be refrigerated. It could last up to 4-6 weeks.
      Simply bring back to room temp to apply .
      Jim Eaton

Comment

oopss... i guess i read the instructinos wrong. i was referring to only mixing half of part A and B together, and saving the other half (not mixed yet) for a separate occassion... i could've sworn i read that somewhere, but i guess i was wrong.

Comment

Working...
        X