Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems uploading pics???

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Problems uploading pics???

    I've attempted to upload pics on three different occasions now, and each time I click the "submit" button on the upload info page another page briefly pops up with some message saying "If you do not wish to wait for the upload screen click here" or something to that effect. Then after about 3 seconds THAT message disappears leaving the screen blank, and it just sits like that idle. I've let it sit idle for up to 20 minutes, (thinking maybe the screen just went blank to allow time for the pic to finish transmitting), and I still get nothing. I'm using a broadband cable connection and I've gotten pics to upload to other sites with no problems. Can somebody give me a clue as to what I should do to get the pics to go through? Thanks in advance.
    "Some people are like sandpaper: they may delight in the misery they inflict by rubbing up against you, but in the end you will come out smooth and polished while they'll just be ugly, wrinkled, and used up." - Beyonce Knowles

  • #2
    Re: Problems uploading pics

    They're probably too big. Resize them to 600 pixels wide and try again.
    --
    Lance Caswell
    Caswell Inc
    http://www.caswellplating.com
    Need Support? Visit our online support section at http://support.caswellplating.com

    Please support the moderators on our site by leaving reputation for their helpful posts. Read more here.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Problems uploading pics

      What size(s) are some of the other pics the rest of you guys have uploaded? The first pic I have is 51.7KB. It was already resized down to that amount in my photo editor. Going any smaller won't be worth it because you won't be able to see any details. Any other ideas?
      "Some people are like sandpaper: they may delight in the misery they inflict by rubbing up against you, but in the end you will come out smooth and polished while they'll just be ugly, wrinkled, and used up." - Beyonce Knowles

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Problems uploading pics

        I resize them to 560w x 420h works good for me and you can still see them.
        Attached Files

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Problems uploading pics

          Originally posted by thesound
          I've attempted to upload pics on three different occasions now, and each time I click the "submit" button on the upload info page another page briefly pops up with some message saying "If you do not wish to wait for the upload screen click here" or something to that effect. Then after about 3 seconds THAT message disappears leaving the screen blank, and it just sits like that idle. I've let it sit idle for up to 20 minutes, (thinking maybe the screen just went blank to allow time for the pic to finish transmitting), and I still get nothing. I'm using a broadband cable connection and I've gotten pics to upload to other sites with no problems. Can somebody give me a clue as to what I should do to get the pics to go through? Thanks in advance.
          Are you trying to attach them or do they reside on webspace already? If you have them stored on the web you can just use the [IMG] code and insert them.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Problems uploading pics

            Thanks for the help guys. Mr. Caswell assisted me in uploading the pic. There's apparently some setting on my computer that the upload page doesn't like but I'm at a loss as to what it is so from now on I'll just use mpierich's suggestion to use the [img] code and post any pics directly into threads. I'll have some more pics to share here in a couple of days. Thanks again.
            "Some people are like sandpaper: they may delight in the misery they inflict by rubbing up against you, but in the end you will come out smooth and polished while they'll just be ugly, wrinkled, and used up." - Beyonce Knowles

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Problems uploading pics

              Would you explain how to do that? I can't seem to get any pictures up either. PM me if you want.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Problems uploading pics

                Originally posted by chromeitout
                Would you explain how to do that? I can't seem to get any pictures up either. PM me if you want.
                The [IMG] code allows you to link photos from other websites into your threads. www.photobucket.com is a pretty decent site that hosts photos for free. If you get an account set up at that site and get some photos uploaded, anytime you want to put one in a Caswell thread all you have to do is copy the URL tag in the "Properties" section of any pic from the photobucket site, and paste it in the thread with the [IMG] tags at the beginning and end.

                Example: [IMG](filename)[/IMG] (Without parentheses around filename.)

                BTW www.photobucket.com is just one of MANY photo hosting sites available. I use www.cardomain.com to upload pics of any auto parts I polish. Hope that helps.
                "Some people are like sandpaper: they may delight in the misery they inflict by rubbing up against you, but in the end you will come out smooth and polished while they'll just be ugly, wrinkled, and used up." - Beyonce Knowles

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Problems uploading pics

                  Originally posted by thesound
                  The [IMG] code allows you to link photos from other websites into your threads. www.photobucket.com is a pretty decent site that hosts photos for free. If you get an account set up at that site and get some photos uploaded, anytime you want to put one in a Caswell thread all you have to do is copy the URL tag in the "Properties" section of any pic from the photobucket site, and paste it in the thread with the [IMG] tags at the beginning and end.

                  Example: [IMG](filename)[/IMG] (Without parentheses around filename.)

                  BTW www.photobucket.com is just one of MANY photo hosting sites available. I use www.cardomain.com to upload pics of any auto parts I polish. Hope that helps.
                  Bingo... thats how it's done

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Problems uploading pics



                    Sorry for this post. I had to try it. Thanks for the explaination!!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Problems uploading pics

                      Originally posted by chromeitout


                      Sorry for this post. I had to try it. Thanks for the explaination!!!
                      Nice! What is it?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Problems uploading pics

                        Half of an alternator from a 68 Cougar. It's for display. It's actually the first piece I've polished.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Problems uploading pics

                          very nice work bro.
                          when in doubt polish it out/ why replace it when you can refinish it
                          G2 Polishing and Powdercoating

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Problems uploading pics

                            Originally posted by chromeitout
                            Half of an alternator from a 68 Cougar. It's for display. It's actually the first piece I've polished.
                            You did a good job. OEM equipment always seems to bring a greater deal of satisfaction from being "blingerized" as opposed to aftermarket parts.
                            "Some people are like sandpaper: they may delight in the misery they inflict by rubbing up against you, but in the end you will come out smooth and polished while they'll just be ugly, wrinkled, and used up." - Beyonce Knowles

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Problems uploading pics

                              Thanks for the comments. I've owned a custom paint shop for about 7 years and I have just now began powdercoating and polishing. After dissecting this forum for a month or two I've learned how to get a pretty good finish from you guys. Now if I can figure out how to do it faster like customandsound's post with the valve cover he did in a 1/2 hr. It took me about 2 1/2 hrs. to do this piece.

                              And about uploading the pics... Photobucket rocks!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X