polished. now powdercoat clear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• polished. now powdercoat clear?

just finnished polishing my turbo housing for my mustang. it's the compessor side that it polished and doen't see nearly as much heat as the turbine side. i'd like to keep the finnish up without having to periodilcly rub/polish it. couple of q's about clear options. thinking of powdercoat clear as it will be a little tougher than regular clear coat. i'm a little confused here. when i buffed i used black, brown & white. dosn't that leave some of the compound IN the metal? when i powder coat and bake won't the surface bubble as the compounds in the alum come to the surface and ruin my pc job? also, a question about using clears. wouldn't spraying clear on a polished alum peice be like spraying clear on a peice that's been previously waxed? i'd appreceate any info from anyone who's done either. thanks. btw, here's a before and after
    Attached Files

Re: polished. now powdercoat clear?

here's how it looks now
    Attached Files

Comment

did some more searching and will definatly stay with the pc for protection. found brake cleaner works well for "degreseing" thanks.

Comment

looks really good bro.
        when in doubt polish it out/ why replace it when you can refinish it
        G2 Polishing and Powdercoating

Comment

You did a nice job on that. I've sent you a PM about your coating inquiry.
          "Some people are like sandpaper: they may delight in the misery they inflict by rubbing up against you, but in the end you will come out smooth and polished while they'll just be ugly, wrinkled, and used up." - Beyonce Knowles

Comment

thanks.. comming from this place it's trully a compliment .

Comment

Working...
            X