keeping blast cabinet glass clean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keeping blast cabinet glass clean

it feels so good to get a fresh sheet of platic on the blast cabinet glass. then after 15 seconds of blasting, there's dust stuck it from the static electricity on the plastic. wiping it with a dry or wet or alcohol rag doesn't help much, either. still staticy. so last week an idea popped into my head... "pledge furniture polish is supposed to repel dust." i gave it a shot, and its worked really well. haven't had to reapply after doing some wheels and some other stuff.
    Len
    Figure Finishing
    www.FigureEngineering.com
    866-900-4949

Re: keeping blast cabinet glass clean

Lot of silicone in that stuff, watch out. Might want to try "enddust" however it's spelled, silicone free.
    Originally posted by FigureLLC View Post
    it feels so good to get a fresh sheet of platic on the blast cabinet glass. then after 15 seconds of blasting, there's dust stuck it from the static electricity on the plastic. wiping it with a dry or wet or alcohol rag doesn't help much, either. still staticy. so last week an idea popped into my head... "pledge furniture polish is supposed to repel dust." i gave it a shot, and its worked really well. haven't had to reapply after doing some wheels and some other stuff.
    James Bateman

Comment

that's no good! the only thing the can says with respect to ingredients is "wax-free", but a google search verified that it contains silicone. thanks for the heads up!
      Len
      Figure Finishing
      www.FigureEngineering.com
      866-900-4949

Comment

I use a anti-static spray, works great!

Comment

Working...
        X