Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vapour blasting

Hi
    does anyine have any experience in vapour blasting, either as a provider or as someone who has had parts cleaned. I am thinking of having engine parts cleaned by this process before polishing them. Any recommendations of the process or otherwise would be appreciated

Re: Vapour blasting

i used to have one, and i wouldnt recommend it for engines especially internally. ensuring every last piece of glass is not embedded into the surface is impossible. once the internals get warm and expands, the glass falls out and creates a grinding paste once mixed with oil.
    soda blasting is the only way to go
    "A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.
    Custom Anodising

Comment

Thanks for the reply Spanky, It is a good point you make, I will look into soda blasting. Have you used soda blasting, is the soda re-usable

Cheers
      Howard

Comment

its supposed to be a one-shot media, but in reality if you collect it you can re-use it a limited number of times.
        its hygroscopic so make sure your airline is dry and its kept in a sealed container or it will clump and go hard very quickly. then boil the parts afterward to dissolve all of the soda and rinse thoroughly
        "A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.
        Custom Anodising

Comment

Working...
        X