Announcement

Collapse

CASWELD Our new 'Welding' rods

Introducing our latest range of Welding and brazing rods, for the repair of Pot Metal, Aluminum, Stainless and much more.

Please see our web page for details.

http://www.caswellplating.com/restor...ding-rods.html
See more
See less

Sealer / Topcoat for Zinc Plate with Caswell Blue chromate conversion coating?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sealer / Topcoat for Zinc Plate with Caswell Blue chromate conversion coating?

Hello fellow platers!

I understand clear/blue chromate has the weakest performance among chromates for zinc (less than 100hs), but I need to stay true to the original look of the parts I am restoring. But I've read that there are sealers/topcoats that extend the hours to white/red rust to hundreds of hours (one even claimed 1000 hrs).

When I contact companies that make them (Pavco, Accu-Labs, etc.) they decline to sell to me because I am not part of the 'industry' (i.e., not a pro). Is there a way around this? Does anybody sell a sealer/topcoat to the public? Or could any of you kindly share some (for $ of course)?

It seems these sealers are proprietary, but if any of you can share a DIY formula, I'll really appreciate it. Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,

FR

*feeling stumped*
    Last edited by fernaner; 12-07-2016, 09:33 AM.

Funny, but I found my own answer literally minutes after posting my original question--and after having looked around for days prior to my posting. I guess Murphy's Law can work for you sometimes.
    EPI sells 8oz samples directly from its website.
    Cheers,

FR
    Last edited by fernaner; 12-07-2016, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X