Announcement

Collapse

CASWELD Our new 'Welding' rods

Introducing our latest range of Welding and brazing rods, for the repair of Pot Metal, Aluminum, Stainless and much more.

Please see our web page for details.

http://www.caswellplating.com/restor...ding-rods.html
See more
See less

Caswell finish problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caswell finish problems

Tried my first cold black oxide kit on O1 steel. Blackening looks great but Caswell sealer is supposed to be a dry finish. My part is coming out with a sheen and noticeable runs and sags. Sealer was diluted correctly. Can I just blacken without sealing or even rinsing blackening solution? Also would sealer dry out flat if my part was glass beaded? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

For a Matte Sheen the penetrating sealer would be the one to use. However that is also an oil base finish
    --
    Jason Vanderbroek
    315 946 1213 x116
    www.caswellplating.com

Comment

Your website plainly states, the Caswell sealer is for a dry finish and the penetrating sealer is for an oily non dry finish. So I guess I ordered the wrong one.

Comment

I just went back and re read the product description. It did state what I thought. So is the description wrong for the sealers? Which one is for the dry or matte finish? Thanks

Comment

Caswell sealer is a dry finish, it produces a semi gloss once it is dry, Penetrating sealer is an oil based finish, it looks like a gun barrel once it has been applied.
          --
          Jason Vanderbroek
          315 946 1213 x116
          www.caswellplating.com

Comment

Working...
          X