Caswell finish problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caswell finish problems

Tried my first cold black oxide kit on O1 steel. Blackening looks great but Caswell sealer is supposed to be a dry finish. My part is coming out with a sheen and noticeable runs and sags. Sealer was diluted correctly. Can I just blacken without sealing or even rinsing blackening solution? Also would sealer dry out flat if my part was glass beaded? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

For a Matte Sheen the penetrating sealer would be the one to use. However that is also an oil base finish
    --
    Jason Vanderbroek
    315 946 1213 x116
    www.caswellplating.com

Comment

Your website plainly states, the Caswell sealer is for a dry finish and the penetrating sealer is for an oily non dry finish. So I guess I ordered the wrong one.

Comment

I just went back and re read the product description. It did state what I thought. So is the description wrong for the sealers? Which one is for the dry or matte finish? Thanks

Comment

Caswell sealer is a dry finish, it produces a semi gloss once it is dry, Penetrating sealer is an oil based finish, it looks like a gun barrel once it has been applied.
          --
          Jason Vanderbroek
          315 946 1213 x116
          www.caswellplating.com

Comment

Working...
          X