Black oxide questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black oxide questions.

I tried the black oxide kit for the first time today. I ordered it with the dry sealer.

While hanging my knives to dry I noticed they have a shiny area at the tip, which I'm guessing is from the sealer running down to the bottom areas of the knife and building up while it was hanging. Is there a way to prevent this other than trying to shake the sealer of better? Should I wipe it with a cloth or is there a better method to keep this from happening?

I know it's a minor issue that probably has a simple fix, but I'm going to re-bead blast this and try again. I know everything has a learning curve, but I'd rather not have to redo it a bunch of times if I can help it before I figure out the best way to go about blackening my blades.

Thanks.

Here is one other knife. I am assuming I just have an excess of the sealer on it as i can see runs on it and some build up from it.

Comment

Either shake them off after a couple of minutes, or use a air brush to apply it in light coats over several minutes.
      --
      Jason Vanderbroek
      315 946 1213 x116
      www.caswellplating.com

Comment

How do I get a blackish finish with a slight green tint?
        help

Comment

Working...
        X