will regular paint gun work with tech line coating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will regular paint gun work with tech line coating

I want put the black satin ceramic coating on my snowmobile pipe. The question I have is will my siphon paint gun work or do I need to get a gravity fed gun.

yep it will work i use a detail gun and i get perfect results

Comment

tell me about the black satin coating. I have not used it yet. does it get wet and kind of sticky when it cures. I want to remove my heat shields on my snowmoblie to save weight will it melt plastic under the hood while it is curing, can I get a partial cure by putting it in my oven at 450 degrees, thanks.

Comment

i spray it and bake it for 1 hour at 700 let cool and it is hard as a rock

Comment

Custom, do you bake for quicker setup? Product claims air drying, no baking necessary. I've got a motorcycle exhaust I'm thinking about using this stuff on. Is the finish gloss or satin (not sure if that's just a brand name or the actual results) Do you have any pictures? What do I need as far as a spray gun and compressor to get it done? How much of this will I need? Will 4 oz cover a 4-1 motorcycle exhaust?
          You don't stop riding because you get old, you get old because you stop riding

Comment

YA, these are some good questions, cant wait to see the answers. I have applied this coating myself but have not tried it out yet because its on my snowmobile pipes and its summer.

Comment

yep i do bake it at 500f for 1hour
              the hotter it get's the hard er it get's ( in use )

Comment

Custom, how would you describe the finish, matte, semi-gloss/satin or glossy?

Comment

it depends ... i get semi flat and matte..

the alum. coating i get a flat look to it .. the satin black i got a semi shine ..

all i can say is the hotter it gets the hard it get's and clean your gun very good

Comment

Clean it good, gotcha.

Comment

sorry it took so long to reply... i changed my company name and since i wrecked the one race car i am done til next year .. but i was in a hurry i coated my headers baked them for a 1/2 hour and tossed them on the car and ran to the track i was pressed for time .. i forgot all about the gun and it was a pain in the rear to clean ...

Comment

Custom, can you give me any pointers with spraying this coating? Manufacturers directions say that thickness should only be about 1/3 to 1/5 of a regular coat of paint. What psi should I use to spray? It also says it's not a good idea to apply several coats or a single thick coat for risk of bubbling. Got any tips for me?

Comment

25-32 psi i spray 2 light coats .. the alum i spray at 32psi spray 3 light coats on ...

When you get your tech line DO NOT shake it Stir it with a stick.

Comment

I thought you were suspose to shake it to get it mixed. I have put mine in a blender. I found a stainless steel one at a pawn shop and I blend it together before I shoot it. seems to work real well. Then I shoot it at 35 psi and then bake it at 450 for 1 hour. comes out looking exellent.

Comment

don't shake it .. on the can it stated to stir to mix. i know the clump of junk at the bottom is a pain to break up.. so by stiring you are mixing it all up good and spraying the full product.. i never thought of the blender .. i went as far as bengind a hook and mounting it to my die grinder ( only corded tool i got in the shop is my buffer the rest is all air power )

Comment

Working...
                              X