• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LITTLERED
    replied
    Vibrator Tumbler Media

Originally posted by sparts
    are you using fresh water and compound in your tumbler?for the compound we use L-700 from Park City Chemical Co.po box 118 merrill,wi.54452 (715)536-7101
    I have two Vibrator Tumblers -- both from Eastwood Co. -- and they are listed as being designed for DRY use. There is no provision for a water 'inlet or outlet' as is on those designated as 'wet/dry use'. I have been reluctant to try to use any 'liquid(s)' as a result of this designation as I am fearful that 'foam or other moisture run-off' may occur thus damaging (?) the Tumbler and shorting out my Electrical System.

MUST Ihave the 'Wet/Dry' Tumbler in order to 'correct my problem'?

Leave a comment:

• sparts
    replied
    are you using fresh water and compound in your tumbler?for the compound we use L-700 from Park City Chemical Co.po box 118 merrill,wi.54452 (715)536-7101

Leave a comment:

• LITTLERED
    replied
    Tumbler Media Turns Black

I have now finished cleaning all of the Steel Bolts, Nuts, Washers and Screws that were removed from an Auto Restoration Project. These were throughly washed in solvent, throughly degreased in Marine Clean and then throughly rinsed AND DRIED BEFORE placing in the Vibrator Tumbler (DRY) W/Green Plastic Pyrimids. ALL of the small batches that were tumbled had heavy black residue on them and the Media had also turned black when opened up after several days of tumbling. I had to wash all of the 'parts' again in Marine Clean to try to remove the black residue. I then had to SOAK CLEAN the Media in Marine Clean for over 12 hours to finally remove this 'Black Residue' only to have the same thing happen again at the next used.

1. What is this "Black Residue"?
    2. How can I avoid this happening AGAIN in planned future uses of this Media in the same application?
    3. What is a better 'Cleaning Agent' that I can use to 'clean the Green Plastic Media' IF needed again to do so?

Leave a comment:

• mcaswell
    replied
    Use some water and some liquid detergent.
    About 1-2 pints

Leave a comment:

• hondaman100
    replied
    Tumbler Media

The base metal was steel. It was the factory hardware from a 1973 Honda. All I had in the tumbler was the tiles and the hardware. I just noticed in your product discription it says used wet. Does this mean water and if so, how much?

Leave a comment:

• mcaswell
    replied
    What was the base metal? Did you put anything else in with the ceramics?

Leave a comment:

• hondaman100
    started a topic Vibratory Tumbler Media

Vibratory Tumbler Media

While using the 1/4" ceramic tiles (prod. #CDT20) in my tumbler to prep some hardware for zinc plating I ran into a problem on the second batch. The tiles turned black and left a heavy residue on the hardware. Has anyone else had this problem?
Working...
X