After Curing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After Curing

After curing a part in a oven, should the part be remove to cool or stay in the oven with the oven shut off to cool?

It works better for me to just leave it in the oven to cool slow. so it don't get a haze to it. i leave it in there for 20-30min after curing time is up and oven off.
    WARCHILD

Comment

Leave to cool as warchild says for best results. However if you do get a haze don't panic yet, many times I can remove the have by rubbing with a rag or something very soft.

Comment

Cool down

Would you allow a part to cool down in the oven if you are using a large oven (ex:96 cu ft int.) and then reheat the oven? Also on base color that you are shooting a second coat on (I have found that a semi-hot part takes a second coat better), do you let the part cool in the oven then or remove to a warm temp and then second coat.

Comment

I let it cool in large ovens too. and if a second coat is needed i will let the part cool only if the second coat is a clear coat. i just been doing it like that aways in the big oven. my big oven is 6Ft long, 3.5Ft tall, 2.5Ft wide. takes a little time but i want to make sure it's got a wet look to it or something like that. if not then i will have to remove the coat and do it all agin.
          WARCHILD

Comment

Working...
          X