Base coat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Base coat

Anyone here ever used the Translucent colors. What would be a good base coat for Translucent colors. i used a Reflective Chrome as a base coat and it did not look rite. and i tryed a glass bead too. still was wrong. someone told me to use the Argent Silver base but i think it looks about like metal thats been glass bead.
    WARCHILD

I have used them, a few different ways. First, was with the the chrome powder. The look is different, I actually like it, but doesn't give you a "blue" or "red" chrome look, but a unique look nonetheless. How did you cure this? You have to cure the chrome completely to apply the transparent colors properly, if not you end up with the chrome powder changing to sort of a primer color. At least in spots if not all of it. On chrome or polished aluminum it looks great! One thing I have problems with when applying it over a chrome powder is the the powder runs, and has a sort of picture frame effect happening. I cannot get this to go away, I see it slightly on a chromed or polished piece, but no where near as bad.

Comment

I completely cured it then i put on the translucnet color. everyone who seen it like it. so i guess i will just leave it like that for them but i would like to get the Anodize blue color a little darker for me.
      WARCHILD

Comment

Ok never mind. i got it now. i put the Translucent powder on it to thin.
        WARCHILD

Comment

Working...
        X