X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zpider
    replied
    Re: prevent blueing of chrome pipes

CBC1 is a waterbased coating for piston, this is not the one you should have inside the pipes, for one, you wont even get it in there. If you go with Techline coatings you would want the TLHB as its made just for that application.

Blast inside, cover all holes but one, poor the coating in, cover it fully, swirl the pipe around and poor the leftover out. Let dry fully before curing in the oven.

Leave a comment:

• Jerm
    replied

Pick up the current issue of Hot Rod Deluxe magazine, there is an article about bluing headers in there.

Leave a comment:

• SCOTTRODS
    replied

Originally posted by PennsyScot View Post
    I'm planning to have the chrome exhaust pipes for my 71 triumph replated. I want to prevent blueing. Is there a thermal coating that can be applied to the interior of the pipe to prevent absorbtion of heat. The blueing only occurs at the downward curve close to the exhaust port. so the entire interior of the pipe does not need coating. I was thinking about this product: "CBC1 POWERKOTE (Cermet Coating Thermal barrier)." I do not have any powdercoating equipment or supplies. I would appreciate any suggestions. thanks, Scot
    2 things will help..... Coat the entire interior of the pipe with ceramic coating,.... and lay off the throttle. The biggest reason pipes "blue" is due to fast, hot temps..... usually most prevalent on hard excelleration and high revs. This is not new to you I'm sure, but these are the best two ways to prevent the "blueing".

Leave a comment:

• PennsyScot
    started a topic prevent blueing of chrome pipes

prevent blueing of chrome pipes

I'm planning to have the chrome exhaust pipes for my 71 triumph replated. I want to prevent blueing. Is there a thermal coating that can be applied to the interior of the pipe to prevent absorbtion of heat. The blueing only occurs at the downward curve close to the exhaust port. so the entire interior of the pipe does not need coating. I was thinking about this product: "CBC1 POWERKOTE (Cermet Coating Thermal barrier)." I do not have any powdercoating equipment or supplies. I would appreciate any suggestions. thanks, Scot
Working...
X