powder coating stainless steel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• powder coating stainless steel

did anyone coat stainless steel is have it come out looking good without any outgassing?..i tried it a couple time with the same outcome "ugly" .
    i sand blasted it scuffed it with sand paper cleaned it with thinner baked it for 30 min powder coated it after it cooled and cured it for 30 mins at 350 degrees. and i tried to coat it a second time as soon as it came out of oven only to have it look the same any suggestions..thanks for your time

Are you sure it outgassed? Usually stainless doesn't outgass, it does however have poor conductivity making it difficult to get sufficient powder on the surface.

Comment

Re: powder coating stainless steel

Originally posted by DALE
      Are you sure it outgassed? Usually stainless doesn't outgass, it does however have poor conductivity making it difficult to get sufficient powder on the surface.
      so, how does one go about coating SS? blast, clean, then phosphate? how do you get around the conductivity issue? i have a project to coat SS and end up looking like translucent anodized aluminum ... i'm going to try some things, any suggestions here sure would save some time.

Comment

Working...
      X