Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• non-stick
    replied
    Monster..... in researching products on this site, may I suggest the anodize stripper? Caswell Part number PRODANSTP1G. At 38 bucks....it could be a worthwhile thing to use and then prep your part for powder coating. Then again....if you're going to be doing this for your friends for some extra cash on the side as well ( trust me...you will more than likely do that once they see your results. I have no doubt in that) it may be a good investment to purchase as well. Good luck with your races,bud.....Russ

Leave a comment:

• monster01
    replied
    lol, well right now its anoilized blue so i saw this cool candy apple red that i really liked but it wasen't Epoxy i dont think. I want Epoxy so it wont come off when nitro hits it or somthing. Becuase this is a off-road t ruck and im gonna be going in water, mud, dirt, snow ect..

Leave a comment:

• non-stick
    replied
    well....read your directions, slow down and don't rush the process and most importantly of all.....have fun. It's a neat process that if done correctly once will last you a lifetime in certain circumstances. Ask all you want. After all..... with all the talent and experience on this board, the only stupid question is the un-asked one,right? Good luck and we'll see you at the races,bud(yours is gonna be the car with 9 million colors on it, right? lol)......Russ

Leave a comment:

• monster01
    replied
    lol, ur funny and i really wanna thankyou for helping me out. Im gonna be asking a lot of questions on here because im just getting into it. I want to now all of ths saftey of it and stuff before i go into it.

Leave a comment:

• non-stick
    replied
    heh heh....you'd be surprised what people think powder coating can go on, bud. For aluminum, no problems. You shouldn't have too too much problem with using an Epoxy resin. While not UV resistive like the Poly and most hybrids....it's the more chemical resistive of the two. All three (poly, epoxy,hybrid) can be had in a myriad of colors, combinations. At the very least.....it's 3 times better than most any spray on paint due to thickness alone.... so you've got that going for ya right off the bat. If it's true chemical resistance though....ya gotta move up to the higher grade powders best suited for it. I wouldn't put too much stock into that route,however. You seem like a fella that wipes his machinery down after a spill or race, right? I thought so Best of luck to you....Russ

Leave a comment:

• monster01
    replied
    lol i dont mean the body i was just giving a example. I mean i have aluminum on it like the a-arms suspension ect... Its blue now but i like that candy apple red powder. It looks really nice. I dont even have a body for this one. That was just a example that i spilled nitro on the body and the paint started to come off. I dont want that to happen on my aluminum.

Leave a comment:

• non-stick
    replied
    Monster....I'll assume you have a plastic body on that RC car. If that's the case....very little in the powder coating world can help you in that area. It's all in the cure of the powder, you see. One needs elevated substrate (the car) temperatures to cure the powder and let it melt onto what you're working with. The plastic resin won't hold up to it, I'm afraid. Much less....the higher-end chemically resistive powders (Halar,Kynar, thermoplastics along that line) aren't too pretty to look at. I'd look into a liquid suspension coating that can retard the onset of chemical....such as a product from this site maybe? I don't want to give you trade names of Caswell's competitors due to the fact that we are indeed on thier dime here and we should after all....be exploring every option to buy the fine products that they sell (and yes, I do suggest Caswell first for a great many things even though I am not employed by the company and I'm not trying to kiss butt here,lol. I know what works and what doesn't. We'll just leave it at that). Perhaps Caswell can answer your question as to which of thier liquid products would best be able to suit your application. Good prices, great people to deal with and fast shipping...yer ahead of the game already,I say. If they don't have a product that will help you, I will post a direction to go in under this thread,k? Aside from that.... I think to answer at least part of your question...I don't think it's a powder you're looking for in this dilemma. Then again...if you reply back it's an aluminum body or such.....I have tons of answers for you,lol. (when do I not have a long winded opinion,huh?) I'll be watching this thread closely in the coming days....Russ

Leave a comment:

• monster01
    started a topic powder that can resist nitro?

powder that can resist nitro?

hey im into the Nitro R/C hobbie and the engine runs off of 20% nitro methane. I was wondering if any powder can handle nitro methane? With my first truck, i had a body painted and when i got nitro methane the paint started to come off. Is there any powder that can resist nitro methane?
Working...
X