Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do i know what type of blasting material to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeap... you guys are all on the right track. Foot pedal leaves your hands free for useful things like manipulating your parts and holding the gun. Way to go on helping each other out,guys. THIS is what it's all about! .... Russ

Comment

what do i need to do, to modify caswell hobby gun to foot control?

Comment

Duke, we're talking about blasting cabinets, not the powder coating gun lol :P

Comment

oops
          i meant c/h gun siphon feed.
          to much beer with turkey
          cheers

Comment

Lol...All you need to do is remove the triggor system...remove the spring part and use a bolt as a plug, than pick up a air pedal that goes betwen the air supply and the gun.

Comment

thanks tomg,
              do lowes or home depot sell air pedal that i need?

Comment

I don't think they would...but if you search on line i bet you can find one easily. I'd also try ebay, if you use that.....just make sure you get one you can step on and it stays in the open position....you could always put a ball valve on the outside of the cabinet in the air supply aswell....that way you can turn it on or off if you cant find a foot pedal. Good luck!

Comment

thanks again.

(now, where did i leave my mich-ultra?)

Comment

look up the websites for Grainger and McMaster Carr for the pneumatic foot switches you need.

Comment

I think the control valve method sounds like a great conversion for a finger trigger. The blaster I borrow has a foot pedal that is attached to a control vlave with a spring hooked to it to pull it closed when you let up on the foot bar. Its very simple and works well but just installing a valve sounds so much easir and just as effective. why re invent the wheel!
                      Thier are only two real sports!
                      boxing and auto racing
                      all the rest are just games.

Drive it like you stole it!

Comment

Yep, whatever works....they do make a pedal that once stepped on stays open keeping the air flow open, and once you press it back it shuts it of. BUT, why buy an exspensive pedal when a ball valve is $3.00 at home depot

Comment

i like the way you think tomg, $3 sounds real good
                          cheers

Comment

Working...
                          X