Getting control of the controls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting control of the controls

Well, for my Christmas gift I got a WX-958 from Hangzhou in China. Upon unpacking I found the instructions to be lacking, so I went online and to YouTube. Th company videos matched the written instructions. What I found out was the same company manufactured (or copied) under the Colo brand. Anyway the help I need is concerning the controls. Mainly what does the uA control do?
    Thanks, Ralph

uA is Micro current (Micro amperage) or Pico Amps (I believe that's all of the likely terms used for uA). It can be adjusted (usually in the opposite direction to the Voltage setting) to help get powder to adhere. It seems especially important on larger items like Sheets of metal, that get full voltage settings, but can help by tweaking it to get things to work out in other cases such as a piece with different Faraday ares.
    sigpic

See photos of my work on Facebook "Scottrods Powder Coating"

EMAIL scottrodspc@gmail.com

Comment

Thanks for responding. Since I am new at this, could I get a little more info? Am I understanding that if I turn down the kV then turning up the uA, that will help overcome the faraday areas?

Comment

that is the correct assumption. But I will tell you up front, no matter what anyone's books say... it's up to you to experiment and find what ACTUALLY works best in any given situation. I often hit a part with full KV's for a second or so (Which is a long time in some cases) and then turn my voltage off completely and shoot into corners and it often works for me. Other times, I need a little help from the voltage. Seems no matter how many times you've done a part "just like this" something changes that requires you to work out a solution. Most commonly your problems are ground problems, but knowing your guns and how things work per each temp/humidity situation is something only you can know at the time.
        sigpic

See photos of my work on Facebook "Scottrods Powder Coating"

EMAIL scottrodspc@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
        X