Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powder feed hose

Hi Guys
    I've noticed you can get powder feed hose with earthing strips in, but is there an issue with using hose without them?
    cheers
    Ian

The ground conductive hoses are system specific. If the hose is an important part of the system, it will say in the manufacturers instructions to use only that type of hose and it will specify "why".

It doesn't hurt to use it for systems that do not require it. I have used it and like the rigidity of it in some cases, as it keeps things untangled pretty nicely. I have also use Surgical rubber tubing on my Hypersmooth systems as well. Works wonderfully.. All of it is fun to clean, but once you learn how to clean it almost any hose is no big deal.

The grounding hoses are part of a safety system within a powder coating delivery system. So if it says to use it I highly recommend using it.
    EMAIL scottrodspc@gmail.com

Comment

Thanks Scottrods, I've asked the manufacturer (Colo) as I'm the first in the UK with their latest system, and as ever... the manual isn' the best 😉

Comment

The reason it becomes important in some machine systems, is safety. The construction of the gun, and the powder pump and the rest of the system is made of materials that are conductive, even the plastic parts, enough to bond all components electrically. this basically eliminates the possibility of unwanted sparks that could cause an explosion of the powder cloud... Again.. safety concerns are the reason for the hose to be grounded. If COLO recommends it, whether they explain it well or not Use it. Makes sense to me... If they send it with the unit, use it, it is likely part of the system design. If they don't send it with the system then they haven't built that into their product and there's no sense spending the extra money on it if you can get cheaper hose without it.

Comment

Thanks for your reply Scottrods.... I'e decided to stay with the earthed feed tube. As you say, there's a reason for it so I'm not going to go against it to save a few quid.
          On a side note, I'm very impressed with the Colo 191... As expected the build quality is a little lacking but the performance of the system is fantastic, especially at less than a quarter of the Optiflex2 😀

Comment

That's with being said. I've seen many good reviews of the Systems they make. Obviously they have something going right. Glad you're enjoying it.

Comment

Working...
            X