Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for build diagram - Control Box for a 12,000 total Watts Powder coat oven.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for build diagram - Control Box for a 12,000 total Watts Powder coat oven.

So I am building a 96 cubic foot oven and I am going to use (4) 3000 watt elements. I will locate a box but my questions are these and looking to verify the following.... I want to run a 60 AMP double pole with a 4 gauge 4 wire (Is this correct) Here are the components PID = Watlow PM6C1CA-AAAABAA with a power controller DC11-24C0-0000. I believe I can select a thermocouple that is rated at 900Watts ? This will be 240 but how do I wire it all together, what terminal blocks can I use for the 120v things like lights and blower for the oven. How do I wire in the elements? I know a lot of questions but can someone share a preliminary diagram to get me started.. I will modify and then get confirmation from you guys. I found out that the PID W1 --> goes to 8 on Controller, PID Y1 --> goes to 7 on Controller, PID S1 --> goes to - Red of the thermocouple and PID R1 --> goes to + of the thermocouple. where does the wiring from the panel go in the control box. Thanks in advanced!

Hi Todd and welcome.

We're in the process of building our oven too and I found this thread by "ed_denu" to be very useful:
    https://forum.caswellplating.com/for...controls-build

Also, there's a Sub-Forum to this Powder Coating Forum called "Oven Building Forum". There is a lot of useful information there.

Carlene

Comment

Working...
    X